Love this. Simple and comforting. Serve it for lunch with grilled cheese.
Butternut Squash Soup With Pear
Save time and buy squash that's already peeled and cut up. Prep: 15 minutes; Cook: 25 minutes.
Yield: 6 servings (serving size: 1 1/3 cups)
More From Health
Amount per serving
- Calories: 184
- Fat: 6g
- Saturated fat: 1g
- Monounsaturated fat: 2g
- Polyunsaturated fat: 2g
- Protein: 4g
- Carbohydrate: 34g
- Fiber: 5g
- Cholesterol: 0.0mg
- Iron: 1mg
- Sodium: 188mg
- Calcium: 74mg
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 1 chopped onion
- 6 cups (1-inch) cubed peeled butternut squash
- 2 (14-ounce) cans fat-free, less-sodium chicken (or vegetable) broth, or apple cider
- 2 chopped peeled pears or apples
- 1 cup water
- 1/4 cup maple syrup
- 1/4 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 3/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- Chopped chives for garnish
- 1. Heat oil in a Dutch oven over medium heat. Add onion; cook, stirring, 5 minutes, or until softened. Stir in next 8 ingredients (through black pep-per), and bring to a boil over high heat. Reduce heat to low, cover, and simmer 20 minutes, until squash is very soft.
- 2. Puree soup in batches in a blender. Serve hot, garnished with chives.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
More Recipes Like This