Butternut Squash Soup - Chef Eddie
Community Recipe from
- 1 whole(s) Onion Chopped
- 2 tablespoon(s) Butter
- 2 cup(s) Chicken Broth
- 1 pound(s) Butternut Squash Pared, seeded and cut into 1" cubes
- 2 Pears Pared and sliced
- 1 teaspoon(s) Thyme fresh Snipped
- 1/4 teaspoon(s) Salt
- 1/4 teaspoon(s) White pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon(s) Ground coriander
- 1 cup(s) whipping cream
- 1 Pear Sliced for garnish
- 1/2 cup(s) Toasted pecans Chopped for garnish
- Cook and stir onion in margarine in 4-quart Dutch oven until tender. Stir in broth, squash, 2sliced pears, thyme, salt, white pepper, and coriander. Heat to boiling; reduce heat. Cover and simmer until squash is tender, 10 to 15 minutes.
- Pour about half of the soup into food processor work bowl fitted with steel blade or into blend container; cover and process until smooth. Repeat with remaining soup. Return to Dutch oven; stir in whipping cream. Heat, stirring frequently, until hot. Stir with sliced pear and pecan.
This recipe is a personal recipe added by Perrin2010 and has not been tested or endorsed by MyRecipes.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
More Recipes for Main Dishes