Butternut Squash Soup - Chef Eddie
Share Your Personal Recipes
You can now share your personal recipes with the MyRecipes Community by making a new or existing recipe "Public".
Go to My Recipe File
- 1 whole(s) Onion Chopped
- 2 tablespoon(s) Butter
- 2 cup(s) Chicken Broth
- 1 pound(s) Butternut Squash Pared, seeded and cut into 1" cubes
- 2 Pears Pared and sliced
- 1 teaspoon(s) Thyme fresh Snipped
- 1/4 teaspoon(s) Salt
- 1/4 teaspoon(s) White pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon(s) Ground coriander
- 1 cup(s) whipping cream
- 1 Pear Sliced for garnish
- 1/2 cup(s) Toasted pecans Chopped for garnish
- Cook and stir onion in margarine in 4-quart Dutch oven until tender. Stir in broth, squash, 2sliced pears, thyme, salt, white pepper, and coriander. Heat to boiling; reduce heat. Cover and simmer until squash is tender, 10 to 15 minutes.
- Pour about half of the soup into food processor work bowl fitted with steel blade or into blend container; cover and process until smooth. Repeat with remaining soup. Return to Dutch oven; stir in whipping cream. Heat, stirring frequently, until hot. Stir with sliced pear and pecan.
This recipe is a personal recipe added by Perrin2010 and has not been tested or endorsed by MyRecipes.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note