Wow! Delicious! I used fat-free half and half instead of heavy cream. This is a great way to get in your veggie serving!
Butternut Squash Soup
Photo: Jennifer Davick; Styling: Elizabeth Demos
More From Southern Living
Total: 1 Hour, 10 Minutes
- 2 carrots, cut into 1-inch pieces
- 1 sweet onion, chopped
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 (3-lb.) butternut squash, peeled and cut into 1-inch pieces
- 6 cups chicken broth
- 1 teaspoon orange zest
- 1 cup heavy cream
- 3 tablespoons white wine vinegar
- 1 tablespoon orange blossom honey
- 3/4 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1/2 teaspoon freshly ground white pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon hot sauce
- Garnish: smoked paprika, olive oil
- 1. Sauté carrots and onion in hot olive oil in a Dutch oven over medium-high heat 8 to 10 minutes or until lightly browned. Add squash, broth, and orange zest; bring to a boil. Cover, reduce heat to medium, and simmer 20 to 25 minutes or until squash is tender. Stir in cream and next 5 ingredients. Cool slightly (about 10 minutes).
- 2. Process mixture with a handheld blender until smooth. Serve warm.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
More Recipes for Soups/Stews