Butternut Squash Soup
Community Recipe from
- 3 pound(s) Butternut squash peeled, seeded, chunked
- 2 Apples peeled, seeded, chunked
- 1 Onion chopped
- 4 tablespoon(s) butter
- 1 pint(s) cream
- 8 cup(s) water
- 1 tablespoon(s) salt
- 1 tablespoon(s) cinnamon
- 1/2 tablespoon(s) nutmeg
- 4 tablespoon(s) sugar
- Melt butter in a large pot.
- Add onion and cook until soft and translucent.
- Add four cups of water, squash, and apples and cook until tender: about 20 minutes.
- Remove squash, apple, and onion and puree in blender with cream and enough water.
- Return mix to pot; add salt, cinnamon, nutmeg, and sugar to taste.
- Mix well, bring to a boil.
This recipe is a personal recipe added by davesnyd and has not been tested or endorsed by MyRecipes.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
More Recipes for Main Dishes