Butternut Squash Soup
Community Recipe from
- 3 pound(s) Butternut squash peeled, seeded, chunked
- 2 Apples peeled, seeded, chunked
- 1 Onion chopped
- 4 tablespoon(s) butter
- 1 pint(s) cream
- 8 cup(s) water
- 1 tablespoon(s) salt
- 1 tablespoon(s) cinnamon
- 1/2 tablespoon(s) nutmeg
- 4 tablespoon(s) sugar
- Melt butter in a large pot.
- Add onion and cook until soft and translucent.
- Add four cups of water, squash, and apples and cook until tender: about 20 minutes.
- Remove squash, apple, and onion and puree in blender with cream and enough water.
- Return mix to pot; add salt, cinnamon, nutmeg, and sugar to taste.
- Mix well, bring to a boil.
This recipe is a personal recipe added by davesnyd and has not been tested or endorsed by MyRecipes.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note