Butternut Squash Soup
Share Your Personal Recipes
You can now share your personal recipes with the MyRecipes Community by making a new or existing recipe "Public".
Go to My Recipe File
- 2 pound(s) butternut squash peeled and cubed
- 2 tablespoon(s) olive oil
- 2 tablespoon(s) unsalted butter
- 1 cup(s) onion chopped
- 1 leek diced
- 3 garlic cloves choppped
- 1 tablespoon(s) curry powder
- 1 teaspoon(s) ground cumin
- 2 large Granny Smith apples peeled and chopped
- 6 cup(s) chicken broth
- In large pot, heat oil and butter. Add onion, garlic and and leek. Saute slowly until onion and leek are tender without changing color (5-8min). Add curry and cumin. Stir in squash, then apples. Simmer uncovered 5-7min, add broth. Return to simmer, cover and cook 35-40 min. or until squash is tender. Remove from heat and puree in small batches.
- Serve immediately.
This recipe is a personal recipe added by kgeo55 and has not been tested or endorsed by MyRecipes.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
Butternut Squash Soup Recipe at a Glance
- COURSE: Soups/Stews