Butternut Squash Soup
Share Your Personal Recipes
You can now share your personal recipes with the MyRecipes Community by making a new or existing recipe "Public".
Go to My Recipe File
- 4 cup(s) Winter Squash
- 1 tbsp. olive oil
- • 1 medium onion, chopped
- • 2 cloves garlic, minced
- • ¼ tsp. ground allspice
- • ¼ tsp. ground ginger
- • 4 cups cubed butternut or other winter squash, fresh or frozen
- • 4 cups low-sodium chicken broth or vegetable broth • ¾ tsp. salt • 1 tbsp. maple syrup • 4 tsp. plain low-fat yogurt for garnish (optional)
- 1. Heat the oil over medium heat in a 6-quart stockpot. Add the onion and cook until soft but not brown, about 6 minutes. Add the garlic, allspice and ginger, and cook, stirring frequently, for 1 minute more.
- 2. Add the squash, broth and salt, and bring to a boil. Reduce heat and simmer until squash is tender and the broth is slightly reduced, about 15 minutes for fresh squash and 5 minutes for frozen. Remove from heat and stir in maple syrup. Allow soup to cool slightly, then puree in a blender until smooth.
This recipe is a personal recipe added by CherylB61 and has not been tested or endorsed by MyRecipes.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
Butternut Squash Soup Recipe at a Glance
- COURSE: Soups/Stews