Butternut Squash Soup
Super easy and super delicious, this rich and creamy butternut squash soup is the perfect way to celebrate cool, crisp fall days. The chicken broth can easily be replaced with all vegetable broth to make this a vegetarian soup.
Share Your Personal Recipes
You can now share your personal recipes with the MyRecipes Community by making a new or existing recipe "Public".
Go to My Recipe File
- 1 yellow onion chopped
- 2 clove(s) garlic chopped
- 2 cup(s) butternut squash diced
- 2 teaspoon(s) butter
- 2 teaspoon(s) sage ground
- 1/4 cup(s) milk
- 2 cup(s) vegetable broth
- 2 cup(s) chicken broth
- 1/2 teaspoon(s) ground cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon(s) nutmeg
- 1 teaspoon(s) brown sugar
- salt & pepper to taste
- Sautee onion and garlic in butter over medium heat 4-5 minutes in a large stockpot. Add sage, cinnamon, nutmeg and brown sugar, stir to coat. Add squash, stir to coat and cook 8-10 minutes or until squash begins to soften. Add broth, bring to a boil. Cover and simmer 30 minutes. Using an immersion blender, puree the squash to desired texture. Add milk and salt & pepper and cook on low for another 15 minutes.
This recipe is a personal recipe added by Sue07647 and has not been tested or endorsed by MyRecipes.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note