- 2 1/2 pounds butternut squash, halved, seeded, peeled and cubed
- 2 cups leeks, chopped
- 2 Granny Smith apples, peeled, cored and diced
- 2 (14 1/2-oz.) cans chicken broth
- 1 cup water
- Seasoned salt and white pepper to taste
- Garnish: freshly ground nutmeg and sour cream
How to Make It
Combine squash, leeks, apples, broth and water in a 4-quart slow cooker.
Cover and cook on high setting for 4 hours, or until squash and leeks are tender. Carefully purée the hot soup, in 3 or 4 batches, in a food processor or blender until smooth. Add seasoned salt and white pepper. Garnish with nutmeg and sour cream.