Teri's Butternut Squash Soup
This soup is also wonderful served with sliced green onions on top.
Yield: serves 8
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 2 (2 pound) butternut squash, peeled and cubed
- 1 onion, chopped
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 1/2 teaspoon allspice
- 2 (14 1/2-oz.) cans chicken broth
- Garnish: sour cream, allspice
- Combine oil and butter in a large suacepan over medium heat. Add squash, onion and garlic. Cook for about 5 minutes, stirring occasionally, until crisp-tender. Add allspice; cook just a minute more. Add broth. Bring to a boil; cover. Reduce heat to low; simmer for 15 minutes or until squash is tender.
- Process in a food processor until smooth. Return to saucepan; heat until hot. If a thinner soup is preferred, add a little more broth or water. Ladle soup into soup bowls. Garnish, if desired. Serve with crackers.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note