Teri's Butternut Squash Soup
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 2 (2 pound) butternut squash, peeled and cubed
- 1 onion, chopped
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 1/2 teaspoon allspice
- 2 (14 1/2-oz.) cans chicken broth
- Garnish: sour cream, allspice
- Combine oil and butter in a large suacepan over medium heat. Add squash, onion and garlic. Cook for about 5 minutes, stirring occasionally, until crisp-tender. Add allspice; cook just a minute more. Add broth. Bring to a boil; cover. Reduce heat to low; simmer for 15 minutes or until squash is tender.
- Process in a food processor until smooth. Return to saucepan; heat until hot. If a thinner soup is preferred, add a little more broth or water. Ladle soup into soup bowls. Garnish, if desired. Serve with crackers.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
Teri's Butternut Squash Soup Recipe at a Glance
- COURSE: Soups/Stews
- PUBLICATION: Gooseberry Patch
More Recipes for Soups/Stews