Butternut Squash Soup
- 2 1/2 pounds butternut squash, halved, seeded, peeled and cubed
- 2 cups leeks, chopped
- 2 Granny Smith apples, peeled, cored and diced
- 2 (14 1/2-oz.) cans chicken broth
- 1 cup water
- Seasoned salt and white pepper to taste
- Garnish: freshly ground nutmeg and sour cream
- Combine squash, leeks, apples, broth and water in a 4-quart slow cooker.
- Cover and cook on high setting for 4 hours, or until squash and leeks are tender. Carefully purée the hot soup, in 3 or 4 batches, in a food processor or blender until smooth. Add seasoned salt and white pepper. Garnish with nutmeg and sour cream.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
More Recipes Like This