Butternut Squash & Scallop Chowder (from Denver Post)
Soup recipe from Denver Post's food section (Jan. 02, 2013); 258 calories per serving, 3 g fat, 23 g protein
Share Your Personal Recipes
You can now share your personal recipes with the MyRecipes Community by making a new or existing recipe "Public".
Go to My Recipe File
- 2 cup(s) butternut squash peeled & diced
- 2 cup(s) salsa
- 1 can(s) reduced sodium chicken broth (or 14 oz.)
- 1/3 cup(s) reduced fat tortilla chips crumbled
- 2 cup(s) corn
- 1/2 teaspoon(s) oregano dried
- 1/2 teaspoon(s) cumin
- 1 pound(s) bay scallops
- 1 teaspoon(s) lime juice
- In a large pot over medium low heat, combine the squash, salsa, broth, and tortilla chips. Bring to a simmer, cover the pot and cook until the squash is tender, 5 - 7 minutes. Stir in the corn, oregano and cumin. Return the soup to a simmer, stir in scallops and cook until they are opaque at the center, 2 to 3 minutes more. Stir in the lime juice.
This recipe is a personal recipe added by Kellie80 and has not been tested or endorsed by MyRecipes.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note