Lots of work & flavors not really up my alley.
Butternut Squash Ravioli with Pancetta and Sage
Photo: Karry Hosford
Serve the ravioli with a green salad and baguette slices with our Sage, Bay, and Garlic Dipping Oil.
Yield: 4 servings (serving size: 5 ravioli)
More From Cooking Light
Amount per serving
- Calories: 389
- Calories from fat: 27%
- Fat: 11.6g
- Saturated fat: 3.1g
- Monounsaturated fat: 6g
- Polyunsaturated fat: 1.5g
- Protein: 18.4g
- Carbohydrate: 52.5g
- Fiber: 4.6g
- Cholesterol: 74mg
- Iron: 5.3mg
- Sodium: 961mg
- Calcium: 171mg
- 1/4 cup dried porcini mushrooms (about 1/4 ounce)
- 1 1/2 tablespoons olive oil
- 2/3 cup chopped pancetta (about 2 1/2 ounces)
- 1 cup mashed cooked butternut squash (about 1 pound uncooked)
- 5 tablespoons dry breadcrumbs
- 1/4 cup (1 ounce) grated fresh Parmesan cheese
- 2 teaspoons grated lemon rind
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1 large egg, lightly beaten
- 40 won ton wrappers
- 2 teaspoons chopped fresh sage
- 1/4 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- Pour boiling water over mushrooms in a bowl. Cover and let stand 30 minutes or until tender, and drain. Squeeze mushrooms to remove excess moisture. Chop mushrooms.
- Heat oil in a medium saucepan over medium-high heat. Add pancetta; cook until crisp. Remove half of pancetta from pan with a slotted spoon, and place in a medium bowl, reserving remaining pancetta and drippings. Add the mushrooms, squash, breadcrumbs, cheese, rind, salt, nutmeg, and egg to bowl, stirring to combine.
- Working with 1 won ton wrapper at a time (cover remaining wrappers with a damp towel to keep them from drying), spoon about 1 tablespoon squash mixture into center of each wrapper. Brush edges of wrapper with water, and top with another wrapper, stretching top wrapper slightly to meet edges of bottom wrapper. Press the edges together firmly with fingers, and cut edges with a 2 1/2-inch round cutter. Repeat the procedure with remaining won ton wrappers and squash mixture.
- Fill a large Dutch oven with water; bring to a simmer. Add half of ravioli; cook 3 minutes or until done (do not boil). Remove the ravioli with a slotted spoon. Keep warm. Repeat procedure with remaining ravioli.
- Reheat remaining pancetta and drippings over medium-low heat; drizzle over ravioli. Sprinkle with sage and pepper.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
More Recipes for Main Dishes