Butternut Squash Pizza
Community Recipe from
- 1 cup(s) onion thinly sliced
- 1/2 butternut squash peeled, seeded, thinly sliced
- 1 teaspoon(s) rosemary fresh, chopped
- salt and pepper to taste
- 3 tablespoon(s) olive oil divided
- Pizza Dough
- mozzerella cheese fresh, thinly sliced
- asiago, romano, parmesan cheese
- 1 whole(s) head of garlic roasted ahead of time
- basil fresh, chopped (optional)
- Make pizza dough ahead of time and refrigerate. Preheat oven to 400 degrees. Peel away the outer layers of the garlic bulb skin, leaving the skins of the individual cloves intact. Using a knife, cut off 1/4 to a 1/2 inch of the top of cloves, exposing the individual cloves of garlic.Place the garlic heads in a baking pan; muffin pans work well for this purpose. Drizzle a couple teaspoons of olive oil over each head, using your fingers to make sure the garlic head is well coated. Cover with aluminum foil. Bake at 400°F for 30-35 minutes, or until the cloves feel soft when pressed.
- Place sliced onion and squash in a roasting pan. Sprinkle with rosemary, salt, pepper, and 2 tablespoons of the olive oil; toss to coat. Bake in the preheated oven for 20 minutes, or until onions are lightly browned and squash is tender; set aside.
- Increase temperature to oven to 450 degrees. Roll out dough into desired diameter. Place roasted squash, onions, and garlic on top of dough. Top with sliced fresh mozzarella, asiago and parmesan cheese, and sprinkle with basil.
This recipe is a personal recipe added by KristinSessions and has not been tested or endorsed by MyRecipes.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
Butternut Squash Pizza Recipe at a Glance
- COURSE: Pizza
More Recipes for Main Dishes