- 1 cup cooked, mashed butternut squash
- 3/4 cup milk, scalded
- 1/3 cup sugar
- 1/3 cup firmly packed light brown sugar
- 2 eggs, beaten
- 3/4 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 unbaked (9-inch) pastry shell
- 3/4 cup finely chopped pecans
- 1/2 cup firmly packed light brown sugar
- 1/4 cup butter or margarine, softened
- Whipped cream
How to Make It
Combine squash, milk, sugar, 1/3 cup brown sugar, eggs, cinnamon, nutmeg, and salt in a large mixing bowl; beat well. Pour mixture into pastry shell. Bake at 375° for 20 minutes. Remove from oven.
Combine pecans, 1/2 cup sugar, and butter; mix well. Sprinkle mixture over top of pie. Bake at 375° an additional 25 minutes. Cool slightly, and serve with whipped cream.