Butternut squash, leek and taleggio strudel
Share Your Personal Recipes
You can now share your personal recipes with the MyRecipes Community by making a new or existing recipe "Public".
Go to My Recipe File
- 1 1/2 pound(s) Butternut squash
- 1 tablespoon(s) Olive oil
- 2 tablespoon(s) butter
- 3 Large leeks Cleaned and chopped
- 8 ounce(s) Taleggio cheese Cut into 1/2" cubes
- 2 tablespoon(s) Chopped fresh sage
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 1 Sheet puff pastry
- 1 Egg, beaten
- Preheat the oven to 375 degrees. Halve the squash lengthwise and scoop out the seeds. Rub the cut surfaces with the olive oil and bake, cut side down, on a parchment lined baking sheet for about 35 minutes or until soft. Cool. Melt the butter in a skillet over medium heat and sauté the leeks until golden, about 15 minutes. Cool.
- Increase the oven temperature to 400 degrees. Peel the cooled squash and mash the flesh in a large bowl. Stir in the leeks, cheese, sage, salt and pepper.
- On a floured surface, roll out the puff pastry to a 12 by 6 rectangle. Spoon the squash mixture across the short side of the pastry, about 1inch from the edge. Roll theastry Round the filling like a jelly roll, tucking in the end as you go. Place seam-side down on a baking sheet. Brush with the beaten egg. Bake 25 to 30 minutes or until theastry is golden.
- This cook's notes: The amount of filling makes it difficult to roll. Consider making two or cutting the filling in half.
This recipe is a personal recipe added by dmcnickle and has not been tested or endorsed by MyRecipes.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note