This was one of the best pasta recipes I have made in a very long time. Top notch restaurant quality. Lightly floured the chicken, but not sure if that was necessary. Substituted white wine for about half the chicken broth. Served with pappardelle pasta, which was a great fit. This would be a great foundation for the addition of a variety of roasted vegetables.
Butternut Squash and Chicken Pasta
For a tasty twist, toss butternut squash into creamy chicken pasta. Butternut Squash and Chicken Pasta are a winning combo any way you toss it.
More From Cooking Light
Total: 30 Minutes
- Calories: 416
- Fat: 16.2g
- Saturated fat: 7.1g
- Sodium: 354mg
- 8 ounces uncooked cavatappi pasta
- Cooking spray
- 12 ounces skinless, boneless chicken breasts, cut into bite-sized pieces
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt, divided
- 1 teaspoon black pepper, divided
- 1 cup unsalted chicken stock (such as Swanson), divided
- 1/3 cup mascarpone cheese
- 1/4 cup chopped fresh parsley, divided
- 4 cups peeled (1-inch) cubed butternut squash
- 1 1/2 cups (1-inch-thick) slices shallots
- 3 garlic cloves, thinly sliced
- 2 (3.5-ounce) packages shiitake mushroom caps, sliced
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 1/2 tablespoons chopped fresh chives
- 1. Cook pasta according to package directions, omitting salt and fat; drain.
- 2. Heat a Dutch oven over medium-high heat; coat with cooking spray. Sprinkle chicken with 1/4 teaspoon salt and 1/4 teaspoon pepper. Add chicken to pan; sauté 4 minutes, turning to brown on all sides. Add stock to pan; bring to a boil. Cook 2 minutes. Remove from heat; stir in 1/4 teaspoon salt, 1/4 teaspoon pepper, mascarpone, and 2 tablespoons parsley.
- 3. Preheat oven to 450°. Combine squash, shallots, garlic, and sliced shiitake mushrooms. Drizzle vegetable mixture with olive oil; toss. Transfer squash mixture to a small roasting pan; sprinkle with 1/4 teaspoon kosher salt and 1/4 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper. Bake at 450° for 20 minutes or until vegetables are just tender. Add vegetable mixture to pasta mixture; cook 1 minute or until thoroughly heated. Sprinkle with chives, 1/4 teaspoon kosher salt, and 1/4 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note