- 8 ounces uncooked cavatappi pasta
- Cooking spray
- 12 ounces skinless, boneless chicken breasts, cut into bite-sized pieces
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt, divided
- 1 teaspoon black pepper, divided
- 1 cup unsalted chicken stock (such as Swanson), divided
- 1/3 cup mascarpone cheese
- 1/4 cup chopped fresh parsley, divided
- 4 cups peeled (1-inch) cubed butternut squash
- 1 1/2 cups (1-inch-thick) slices shallots
- 3 garlic cloves, thinly sliced
- 2 (3.5-ounce) packages shiitake mushroom caps, sliced
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 1/2 tablespoons chopped fresh chives
- calories 416
- fat 16.2 g
- satfat 7.1 g
- sodium 354 mg
How to Make It
Cook pasta according to package directions, omitting salt and fat; drain.
Heat a Dutch oven over medium-high heat; coat with cooking spray. Sprinkle chicken with 1/4 teaspoon salt and 1/4 teaspoon pepper. Add chicken to pan; sauté 4 minutes, turning to brown on all sides. Add stock to pan; bring to a boil. Cook 2 minutes. Remove from heat; stir in 1/4 teaspoon salt, 1/4 teaspoon pepper, mascarpone, and 2 tablespoons parsley.
Preheat oven to 450°. Combine squash, shallots, garlic, and sliced shiitake mushrooms. Drizzle vegetable mixture with olive oil; toss. Transfer squash mixture to a small roasting pan; sprinkle with 1/4 teaspoon kosher salt and 1/4 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper. Bake at 450° for 20 minutes or until vegetables are just tender. Add vegetable mixture to pasta mixture; cook 1 minute or until thoroughly heated. Sprinkle with chives, 1/4 teaspoon kosher salt, and 1/4 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper.