This was very good although a bit too sweet. I'll use less sugar next time. One complaint: this is supposed to be a make ahead recipe but there are no instructions on reheating.
Butternut Squash Casserole with Pecan Streusel
This savory squash casserole is the perfect side dish for your holiday feast. Let the pecan streusel top it with a touch of sweetness.
More From Oxmoor House
Other: 5 Minutes
- 3 (12-oz.) packages frozen cooked butternut squash, thawed (we tested with McKenzie)
- 1 cup firmly packed light brown sugar
- 1/2 cup half-and-half
- 1/4 cup butter, melted
- 2 large eggs, lightly beaten
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon ground allspice
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cloves
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/4 cup firmly packed light brown sugar
- 3 tablespoons cold butter, cut into pieces
- 1/2 cup chopped pecans
- Combine first 10 ingredients in a large bowl; stir well. Place in a lightly greased 11" x 7" baking dish.
- Combine flour and 1/4 cup brown sugar. Cut in 3 Tbsp. butter with a pastry blender until crumbly. Stir in nuts. Sprinkle over squash. Bake, uncovered, at 375° for 40 minutes or until edges are lightly browned. Let casserole stand 5 minutes before serving.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note