Butternut Squash Casserole
- 1 butternut squash, peeled, seeded, and cut into 2-inch cubes (about 1 3/4 pounds)
- 1 tablespoon butter or margarine
- 1 small onion, minced
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 3 tablespoons butter, melted and divided
- 2 large eggs, lightly beaten
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1/4 cup fresh cranberries, chopped
- 1 cup fresh soft breadcrumbs
- Bring squash and water to cover to a boil; cook 30 minutes or until tender. Remove from heat; drain. Mash until smooth.
- Melt 1 tablespoon butter in skillet. Add onion and garlic; saute 5 minutes or until tender. Remove from heat; stir in squash, 2 tablespoons butter, eggs, and next 3 ingredients. Fold in cranberries. Spoon into lightly greased 1-quart baking dish.
- Combine breadcrumbs and remaining 1 tablespoon butter. Sprinkle over casserole.
- Bake at 375° for 1 hour and 15 minutes or until set and golden.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note