Butternut Squash-Carrot Soup
Cooling & Blending: 10 Minutes
- 1 T butter
- 3 1/2 cups cubed peeled butternut squash (about 1 1/2 pounds)
- 3/4 cup chopped carrot
- 1/2 cup chopped sweet onion
- 2 1/2 cups chicken broth
- 1 tsp finely grated fresh ginger
- 1/8 tsp salt
- tsp curry powder
- tsp cumin
- less than 1/8 tsp cayenne pepper
- 3 T orange-peach-mango juice
- 1/4 cup half-and-half (or a little less cream)
- 1. To prepare soup, melt butter in a large saucepan over medium-high heat. Add squash, carrot, and onion; saut for 12 minutes.
- 2. Add chicken broth, and bring to a boil. Add ginger, salt, curry, cumin & cayenne. Cover, reduce heat, and simmer for 30 minutes.
- 3. Remove from heat; stir in juice and half-and-half.
- 4. Preheat broiler.
- 5. Blend with a handheld immersion blender ---or place squash mixture in a blender. Remove center piece of blender lid (to allow steam to escape), and secure blender lid on blender. Place a clean towel over opening in blender lid (to avoid splatters). Blend until smooth.
This recipe is a personal recipe added by rebvasquez and has not been tested or endorsed by MyRecipes.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
Butternut Squash-Carrot Soup Recipe at a Glance
- COURSE: Soups/Stews