Such a wonderful blend of flavors!!! I really enjoyed this recipe!
Butternut Squash and Smoky Black Bean Salad
You'll find chipotle chiles canned in adobo sauce on the Latin food aisle. Use just the sauce here; reserve chiles for another use.
More From Cooking Light
Total: 47 Minutes
- Calories: 369
- Fat: 20.1g
- Saturated fat: 4g
- Monounsaturated fat: 7.1g
- Polyunsaturated fat: 7.8g
- Protein: 10.7g
- Carbohydrate: 39.8g
- Fiber: 10.2g
- Cholesterol: 10mg
- Iron: 4.5mg
- Sodium: 544mg
- Calcium: 170mg
- 4 cups (1/2-inch) cubed peeled butternut squash
- 7 teaspoons extra-virgin olive oil, divided
- 1/2 cup walnuts, chopped
- Cooking spray
- 1/2 teaspoon kosher salt, divided
- 2 tablespoons red wine vinegar
- 1 tablespoon Dijon mustard
- 1 tablespoon honey
- 1 tablespoon adobo sauce
- 2 garlic cloves, thinly sliced
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
- 1 (15-ounce) can no-salt-added black beans, rinsed and drained
- 1 (9-ounce) package baby arugula
- 1/2 cup (2 ounces) crumbled goat cheese
- 1. Preheat oven to 425°.
- 2. Combine squash and 1 tablespoon oil; toss to coat. Arrange squash on a jelly-roll pan. Bake at 425° for 25 minutes or until tender.
- 3. Arrange walnuts on jelly-roll pan; coat with cooking spray. Sprinkle 1/8 teaspoon salt over nuts; toss. Bake at 425° for 10 minutes or until toasted, stirring once.
- 4. Combine 1 tablespoon olive oil, vinegar, mustard, honey, and adobo sauce in a bowl; stir with a whisk.
- 5. Heat a medium nonstick skillet over medium heat. Add remaining 1 teaspoon oil to pan; swirl to coat. Add garlic; sauté 1 minute. Add squash, remaining 3/8 teaspoon salt, pepper, and beans; cook 3 minutes or until heated through. Remove from heat; stir in 3 tablespoons adobo dressing; toss to coat.
- 6. Combine remaining dressing and arugula; toss to coat. Divide arugula mixture evenly among 4 plates; top with bean mixture. Sprinkle evenly with nuts and cheese.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
More Recipes for Main Dishes