This was a bit bland given all the awesome reviews. The roasted squash was yummy, especially with the goat cheese, but the whole thing just didn't come together for us.
Butternut Squash and Smoky Black Bean Salad
You'll find chipotle chiles canned in adobo sauce on the Latin food aisle. Use just the sauce here; reserve chiles for another use.
More From Cooking Light
Total: 47 Minutes
- Calories: 369
- Fat: 20.1g
- Saturated fat: 4g
- Monounsaturated fat: 7.1g
- Polyunsaturated fat: 7.8g
- Protein: 10.7g
- Carbohydrate: 39.8g
- Fiber: 10.2g
- Cholesterol: 10mg
- Iron: 4.5mg
- Sodium: 544mg
- Calcium: 170mg
- 4 cups (1/2-inch) cubed peeled butternut squash
- 7 teaspoons extra-virgin olive oil, divided
- 1/2 cup walnuts, chopped
- Cooking spray
- 1/2 teaspoon kosher salt, divided
- 2 tablespoons red wine vinegar
- 1 tablespoon Dijon mustard
- 1 tablespoon honey
- 1 tablespoon adobo sauce
- 2 garlic cloves, thinly sliced
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
- 1 (15-ounce) can no-salt-added black beans, rinsed and drained
- 1 (9-ounce) package baby arugula
- 1/2 cup (2 ounces) crumbled goat cheese
- 1. Preheat oven to 425°.
- 2. Combine squash and 1 tablespoon oil; toss to coat. Arrange squash on a jelly-roll pan. Bake at 425° for 25 minutes or until tender.
- 3. Arrange walnuts on jelly-roll pan; coat with cooking spray. Sprinkle 1/8 teaspoon salt over nuts; toss. Bake at 425° for 10 minutes or until toasted, stirring once.
- 4. Combine 1 tablespoon olive oil, vinegar, mustard, honey, and adobo sauce in a bowl; stir with a whisk.
- 5. Heat a medium nonstick skillet over medium heat. Add remaining 1 teaspoon oil to pan; swirl to coat. Add garlic; sauté 1 minute. Add squash, remaining 3/8 teaspoon salt, pepper, and beans; cook 3 minutes or until heated through. Remove from heat; stir in 3 tablespoons adobo dressing; toss to coat.
- 6. Combine remaining dressing and arugula; toss to coat. Divide arugula mixture evenly among 4 plates; top with bean mixture. Sprinkle evenly with nuts and cheese.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
More Recipes Like This