Butternut Squash Bisque
Share Your Personal Recipes
You can now share your personal recipes with the MyRecipes Community by making a new or existing recipe "Public".
Go to My Recipe File
- 1 whole(s) shallot, chopped
- 6 ounce(s) sherry
- 16 ounce(s) chicken stock
- 12 ounce(s) heavy cream
- 1/2 teaspoon(s) dried rubbed sage
- 1/4 teaspoon(s) ground nutmeg
- 1 tablespoon(s) salt
- 3 whole(s) butternut squash
- : In a heavy–bottom sauce pot, sauté onions, celery, garlic and shallots until translucent. Cut squash in half, remove seeds and roast in 350 degree oven for about 40 minutes. Deglaze with sherry and reduce wine by 2/3. Peel squash and add pulp to soup pot and bring to a simmer. Add remaining ingredients to soup pot and simmer for an hour. Puree soup with a stick mixer or food processor until smooth. Strain soup and serve.
This recipe is a personal recipe added by Judi55 and has not been tested or endorsed by MyRecipes.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
Butternut Squash Bisque Recipe at a Glance
- COURSE: Soups/Stews