Butternut Squash Base
More From Southern Living
Cool Time: 30 Minutes
- 1 butternut squash, halved and seeded
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 tablespoon light brown sugar
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 3 tablespoons Simple Syrup
- 1 tablespoon dark brown sugar
- 1. Preheat oven to 400°. Brush cut sides of squash with oil. Sprinkle with salt and light brown sugar. Place on a baking sheet cut sides down.
- 2. Bake at 400° for 30 minutes or until soft. Cool 30 minutes.
- 3. Scoop out pulp into bowl of a food processor. Process squash, Simple Syrup, and dark brown sugar until pureed.
- 4. Line a fine wire-mesh strainer with cheesecloth. Place strainer over a bowl. Spoon puree into strainer; press through cheesecloth. Discard solids.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note