Butternut Squash Barley Risotto
Community Recipe from
- 2 tablespoon(s) EVOO
- 1 Onion Finely chopped
- 2 clove(s) Garlic Finely chopped
- 1 tablespoon(s) Fresh thyme Chopped
- 1 cup(s) Pearl barley
- 32 ounce(s) Chicken broth
- 1 small Butternut squash Chopped into 1/4 in pieces
- 1 cup(s) Frozen peas
- 1 cup(s) Grated Parmesan cheese
- 1/4 cup(s) Grated Parmesan cheese For garnish
- 1. In a large Dutch oven heat the over med heat. Add onions, cook for 5 min, stirring frequently. Stir in the garlic and thyme and cook, stirring frequently, for one minute.
- 2. Stir in the barley and the chicken broth, season with 1/2 tsp salt and 1/2 tsp pepper. Bring to a boil, cover and simmer 25 min.
- 3. Stir in the squash, cove and cook until tender, about 20 min. Stir in the peas a 1 cup cheese and cook uncovered until the cheese is melted, abut 2 in. Garnish with remaining 1/4 cup cheese.
This recipe is a personal recipe added by RobinTrunnell and has not been tested or endorsed by MyRecipes.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
Butternut Squash Barley Risotto Recipe at a Glance
- COURSE: Main Dishes
More Recipes for Main Dishes