recipe was prepared exactly as written and it was very good.
Butternut Squash and Apple Soup
Prep: 15 minutes; Cook: 20 minutes.
Yield: Makes 8 servings (serving size: 1/2 cup soup)
More From Health
Amount per serving
- Calories: 103
- Fat: 4g
- Saturated fat: 2g
- Monounsaturated fat: 1g
- Polyunsaturated fat: 0.0g
- Protein: 4g
- Carbohydrate: 15g
- Fiber: 3g
- Cholesterol: 9mg
- Iron: 1mg
- Sodium: 115mg
- Calcium: 84mg
- 1 1/2 teaspoons unsalted butter
- 1 1/4 cups chopped Vidalia or other sweet onion (about 1/2 large onion)
- 1 large garlic clove, smashed and peeled
- 1 1/3 cups cubed peeled Braeburn apple
- 1 1/4 pounds cubed peeled butternut squash
- 1/4 teaspoon dried rubbed sage
- 1/2 teaspoon kosher salt, plus pinch
- 1/4 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 1/8 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 2 cups fat-free, less sodium chicken broth
- 1/2 cup fat-free evaporated milk
- 1/4 cup crème fraîche, for garnish
- 1. Melt butter in large saucepan over medium heat. Add onion; sauté 3 minutes. Add garlic and apple; cook, stirring constantly, 1 minute. Add squash and next 4 ingredients; stir 30 seconds or until well-combined. Add broth, and bring to a simmer. Reduce heat to medium-low; simmer 20 minutes or until squash and vegetables are tender.
- 2. Place half of squash mixture in blender with 1/4 cup evaporated milk. Remove center of blender lid (to let steam escape); secure lid. Place clean towel over opening to avoid splatters; blend until smooth. Pour into bowl. Repeat with remaining squash and evaporated milk.
- 3. Spoon 1/2 cup soup into small bowl or mini pumpkin. Swirl in 3/4 teaspoon crème fraîche, if desired. Serve immediately.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
More Recipes for Soups/Stews