1. Heat oven to 350 degrees and grease an 8x8" dish.
2. Peel & seed squash, slice in 1/8" thick slices.
3. Line dish with a layer of squash.
4. Season lightly with salt & pepper. Sprinkle 6 tablespoons parmesan and drizzle with a little of the cream.
5. Cover with a layer of potatoes.
6. Repeat layers until dish is full ending with squash, seasoned & topped with remaining cheese & cream.
7. Press down lightly to distribute cream & compact layers. Last layer of squash should be just sittin gin the cream, but not covered.
8. Cover with foil & bake until veggies are tender when poked with a fork, about 70 minutes.
9. Combine walnuts and bread crumbs with 2 tablespoons of melted butter and sprinkle over the dish, then bake until lightly brown (5-10 minutes).
10. Let sit for 20 minutes before serving.
Go to full version of