Butternut Squash and Potato Gratin
Community Recipe from
- 2 pound(s) butternut squash
- 6 tablespoon(s) parmesan cheese
- 1 cup(s) heavy cream
- 2 potatoes peeled & sliced
- 1/2 cup(s) walnuts chopped
- 1/2 cup(s) bread crumbs
- 1. Heat oven to 350 degrees and grease an 8x8" dish.
- 2. Peel & seed squash, slice in 1/8" thick slices.
- 3. Line dish with a layer of squash.
- 4. Season lightly with salt & pepper. Sprinkle 6 tablespoons parmesan and drizzle with a little of the cream.
- 5. Cover with a layer of potatoes.
- 6. Repeat layers until dish is full ending with squash, seasoned & topped with remaining cheese & cream.
- 7. Press down lightly to distribute cream & compact layers. Last layer of squash should be just sittin gin the cream, but not covered.
- 8. Cover with foil & bake until veggies are tender when poked with a fork, about 70 minutes.
- 9. Combine walnuts and bread crumbs with 2 tablespoons of melted butter and sprinkle over the dish, then bake until lightly brown (5-10 minutes).
- 10. Let sit for 20 minutes before serving.
This recipe is a personal recipe added by AllisonBloch and has not been tested or endorsed by MyRecipes.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
Butternut Squash and Potato Gratin Recipe at a Glance
- COURSE: Side Dishes/Vegetables