Butternut Squash-And-Caramelized Onion Soup With Pesto
Yield: 6 servings (serving size: 3/4 cup soup and 1 teaspoon pesto)
More From Oxmoor House
Amount per serving
- Calories: 104
- Fat: 4g
- Saturated fat: 0.9g
- Protein: 4.2g
- Carbohydrate: 14.8g
- Cholesterol: 2mg
- Iron: 0.9mg
- Sodium: 421mg
- Calories from fat: 32%
- Fiber: 3.5g
- Calcium: 83mg
- 1 butternut squash (about 1 3/4 pounds), halved lengthwise
- 2 teaspoons olive oil
- 3 cups sliced Vidalia or other sweet onion (about 1 large)
- 1/2 cup Sauternes or other dessert white wine
- 2 (14 1/2-ounce) cans fat-free, less-sodium chicken broth
- 2 tablespoons commercial pesto
- Preheat oven to 375°.
- Place butternut squash, cut side down, in a baking dish. Pour water to depth of 1/2 inch. Bake at 375° for 45 minutes or until very tender. Scoop out pulp; set aside.
- Heat oil in a large skillet over medium heat. Add onion; cook 30 minutes or until golden brown, stirring frequently. Stir in wine and chicken broth. Bring to a boil; cover, reduce heat, and simmer 10 minutes or until onion is tender. Cool 5 minutes.
- Place half of onion mixture and half of squash in a blender; process at low speed until smooth. Return soup to pan; repeat procedure with remaining squash and onion. Bring to a boil; reduce heat, and simmer, uncovered, 5 minutes or until thoroughly heated. Ladle into bowls; spoon 1 teaspoon pesto into center of each bowl. Swirl soup and pesto together using the tip of a knife.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
More Recipes Like This