More From Oxmoor House
Amount per serving
- Calories: 141
- Fat: 2.1g
- Saturated fat: 0.7g
- Protein: 3.3g
- Carbohydrate: 27.4g
- Cholesterol: 2mg
- Iron: 1.4mg
- Sodium: 83mg
- Calories from fat: 13%
- Fiber: 0.9g
- Calcium: 16mg
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 3 tablespoons sugar
- 5 3/4 to 6 cups bread flour, divided
- 2 packages rapid-rise yeast
- 3/4 cup warm water (120° to 130°)
- 1/4 cup warm 1% low-fat milk (120° to 130°)
- 1 1/3 cups mashed cooked butternut squash (about 1 small)
- 1/4 cup molasses
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 1 teaspoon salt
- Cooking spray
- 2 tablespoons butter or stick margarine, melted and divided
- 1/2 cup raisins
- 1 cup sifted powdered sugar
- 3 1/2 teaspoons 1% low-fat milk
- 1/4 teaspoon vanilla extract
- Combine cinnamon and 3 tablespoons sugar; set aside.
- Combine 5 cups flour and yeast in a mixing bowl. Combine water and milk; gradually add to flour mixture, beating at medium speed of a heavy-duty stand mixer until well blended.
- Combine squash, molasses, oil, and salt; add to flour mixture, beating well. Add enough of remaining flour, 1 tablespoon at a time, to form a soft dough.
- Turn dough out onto a lightly floured surface. Knead until smooth and elastic (about 10 minutes), adding enough of remaining flour, 1 tablespoon at a time, to prevent dough from sticking to hands.
- Place dough in a large bowl coated with cooking spray, turning to coat top. Cover and let rise in a warm place (85°), free from drafts, 25 minutes or until doubled in bulk. Punch dough down; turn dough out onto a lightly floured surface, and knead 5 times. Divide dough in half. Working with 1 portion at a time, (cover remaining dough to keep it from drying out), roll each portion into a 16- x 7-inch rectangle. Brush each with 1 tablespoon melted butter; sprinkle with half of reserved cinnamon-sugar mixture and half of raisins. Roll up each rectangle tightly, starting with short side. Press firmly to eliminate air pockets; pinch seam and ends to seal. Place each roll of dough, seam side down, in a 9- x 5-inch loaf pan coated with cooking spray. Cover and let rise 20 minutes or until doubled in bulk.
- Preheat oven to 350°.
- Bake at 350° for 30 minutes or until loaves sound hollow when tapped. Remove from pans immediately, and let cool on wire racks.
- Combine powdered sugar, milk, and vanilla, stirring well. Drizzle over loaves.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
More Recipes Like This