butternut mac and cheese
Community Recipe from
- 1 pound(s) macaroni
- 2 tablespoon(s) olive oil
- 2 tablespoon(s) butter
- 1 onion chopped
- 3 tablespoon(s) flour
- 2 cup(s) chicken broth
- 1 pound(s) butternut squash cooked can use frozen cubed
- 1 cup(s) cream or half and half
- 2 cup(s) graded cheese cheddar or any other
- 4 ounce(s) parmigiano cheese grated
- pinch(s) nutmeg ground
- salt and pepper to taste
- 1 cup(s) bread crumbs with handful more Parm cheese
- cook pasta
- Cook the chopped onion in melted butter and oil 1 to 2 minutes, then add flour and cook together 1 to 2 more minutes. Stir in stock, then combine with cooked butternut squash until heated. Stir in cream or half-and-half and bring sauce to a bubble. Stir in cheeses and season the completed sauce with salt, nutmeg and pepper. Taste to adjust seasonings.
- Drain cooked pasta well and combine with sauce. Put in a baking dish and top with breadcrumbs mixture and bake until golden at 350 for no more than 20 minutes.
This recipe is a personal recipe added by KathyThomas and has not been tested or endorsed by MyRecipes.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
butternut mac and cheese Recipe at a Glance
- COURSE: Casseroles