Buttermilk pound cake
Community Recipe from
- 1 cup(s) Shortening Creamed
- 3 cup(s) Sugar Softened
- 1 1/2 teaspoon(s) Vanilla Extract
- 6 eggs Whipped
- 3 cup(s) Flour plain Sifted
- 1/4 teaspoon(s) Soda Sifted
- 1/2 teaspoon(s) Salt Sifted
- 1 cup(s) buttermilk Alternately
- Cream shortening and sugar, add flavoring. Add eggs one at a time beating well after each addition. Sift dry ingredients together and add cream mixture alternately with buttermilk. Spoon batter into greased 10 in. Tube pan and bake at 325 degrees for I hour 45 minutes or until cake test done.
This recipe is a personal recipe added by Nitaharris and has not been tested or endorsed by MyRecipes.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
More Recipes for Main Dishes