first time to have such different recipe
Buttermilk Potato Rolls
Rising Time: 1 Hour
Share Your Personal Recipes
You can now share your personal recipes with the MyRecipes Community by making a new or existing recipe "Public".
Go to My Recipe File
- 1 stick(s) butter (unsalted) at room temperature
- 1 1/2 cup(s) Buttermilk
- 2 package(s) Dry Yeast
- 6 cup(s) flour
- 1 whole(s) Potato (large)
- 1 teaspoon(s) salt
- 2 tablespoon(s) sugar
- 1 1/2 cup(s) water
- Peel the potato and boil in the water until tender. Transfer to mixer bowl and mask with a fork.
- Add buttermilk. Adjust temperature of the mixture to 110F by allowing to stand or heating in the microwave as needed.
- Once the temperature is right, add the yeast, stir and let it rest for 5 minutes. Add the flour, sugar, salt and butter. Place the bowl on the mixer, attach the hook dough and knead on low speed. If needed, add more flour a little of the time for the dough to come away from the sides of the bowl. Knead for about 57 minutes.
- Form the dough into a ball and transfer it to a lightly buttered bowl. Cover the bowl with plastic wrap and let it rise in a warm spot until it doubles in bulk, about 1 hour.
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees with a rack in the middle. Punch out the dough and turn it out onto a clean work surface. Cut the dough into 16 pieces if making dinner rolls (or larger pieces if making sandwich rolls). Cover it with a clean towel and let it rest for 5 minutes before proceeding.
- Roll each piece of dough into a ball and place it on prepared baking trays, spacing them about 2 inches apart. Cover the trays with a clean kitchen towel and let rolls rise again in a warm, draftfree spot until they doubled in size, about 1530 minutes. If making sandwich rolls, let the dough rise until spongy and pillowsoft when gently squeezed, 3045 minutes.
- Dust the tops of the rolls with a little bit of flour and bake them until the are puffed and lightly browned, 2025 minutes. Depending on the size of your oven you might need to bake it in two batches.
This recipe is a personal recipe added by CPTcoder and has not been tested or endorsed by MyRecipes.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
Buttermilk Potato Rolls Recipe at a Glance
- COURSE: Breads