There is some thing wrong with the rising of this biscuit. I think the baking powder amount may be off. They taste yummy, but they did not rise up too well. I checked the dates of my products. I have looked at other recipes and they call for 1 Tablespoon of baking powder.
Buttermilk-Poppy Seed Muffins
Stir together an orange glaze to drizzle over homemade Buttermilk-Poppy Seed Muffins. These muffins freeze well, but freeze Buttermilk-Poppy Seed Muffins without the glaze; just add glaze after reheating the muffins.
More From Southern Living
Total: 45 Minutes
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 tablespoon orange zest
- 1 1/2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup buttermilk
- 3 large eggs
- 2 tablespoons poppy seeds
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/2 cup butter, melted
- Orange Glaze
- 1. Preheat oven to 375°. Combine first 6 ingredients in a large bowl; make a well in center of mixture.
- 2. Whisk together buttermilk and next 3 ingredients in a medium bowl. Add buttermilk mixture to flour mixture, stirring just until dry ingredients are moistened. Stir in melted butter. Spoon batter into a lightly greased 12-cup muffin pan, filling three-fourths full.
- 3. Bake at 375° for 20 to 25 minutes or until a wooden pick inserted in center comes out clean. Cool in pans on a wire rack 5 minutes. Remove from pans to a wire rack, and drizzle with Orange Glaze.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note