I had to cook it a little longer and burnt the bottom. Otherwise it was delicious and a great way to use some super fresh peaches.
Buttermilk Peach-Almond Cake
Photo: Antonis Achilleos; Styling: Gerri Williams
More From Allyou
Bake: 50 Minutes
Amount per serving
- Calories: 417
- Fat: 18g
- Saturated fat: 8g
- Protein: 8g
- Carbohydrate: 58g
- Fiber: 2g
- Cholesterol: 85mg
- Sodium: 277mg
- 1 1/4 cups sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1 3/4 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 8 tablespoons (1 stick) unsalted butter, at room temperature
- 1/2 cup finely ground blanched almonds or almond flour
- 1/4 teaspoon almond extract
- 2 large eggs, at room temperature
- 3/4 cup buttermilk
- 2 small peaches, peeled, pitted, quartered and each quarter cut into 4 slices (32 slices total, about 2 cups)
- 1/4 cup sliced almonds
- 1. Place rack in middle of oven and preheat to 375°F. Line a 9-inch square baking pan with foil, allowing a 3-inch overhang on 2 sides. Butter foil and pan.
- 2. In a bowl, mix 1/4 cup sugar and cinnamon. In a large bowl, whisk flour, baking powder, baking soda and salt.
- 3. Using an electric mixer on medium speed, beat butter with 1 cup sugar until light, about 3 minutes. Scrape down bowl with a spatula and mix in ground almonds and almond extract. Add eggs, one at a time, beating well after each addition.
- 4. Reduce mixer speed to low. Add flour mixture in 3 batches, alternating with buttermilk, beginning and ending with flour. Mix until just combined.
- 5. Spread batter evenly in pan; arrange peaches on top in 4 rows. Sprinkle cinnamon-sugar and sliced almonds on top. Bake until cake is golden on top and a toothpick inserted into center comes out clean, 45 to 50 minutes. Let cool in pan on a wire rack. Use foil handle to remove cake; serve at room temperature.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
More Recipes for Cakes/Frostings