I absolutely love this cake! I am the person who loves to bake, but usually am not all that thrilled with cake. The peaches were the ingredient that got me to try this one. It is now one of my favorite cakes. I made this as a quick birthday cake for a friend. I had fresh peaches on hand and took the risk to try something new for my wonderful friend. It did not dissappoint. I did use 3 peaches on top because I wanted it to taste like Peach Cake. Yummo, what a delightfully delicious treat. The ground almonds give this cake Pizzaz. It is lightly sweet, very moist and simply delicious.
Buttermilk Peach-Almond Cake
Buttermilk Peach-Almond Cake is a lightly sweet, very moist and simply delightful treat. The ground almonds give this cake pizzaz.
More From Allyou
Bake: 50 Minutes
- Calories: 417
- Fat: 18g
- Saturated fat: 8g
- Protein: 8g
- Carbohydrate: 58g
- Fiber: 2g
- Cholesterol: 85mg
- Sodium: 277mg
- 1 1/4 cups sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1 3/4 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 8 tablespoons (1 stick) unsalted butter, at room temperature
- 1/2 cup finely ground blanched almonds or almond flour
- 1/4 teaspoon almond extract
- 2 large eggs, at room temperature
- 3/4 cup buttermilk
- 2 small peaches, peeled, pitted, quartered and each quarter cut into 4 slices (32 slices total, about 2 cups)
- 1/4 cup sliced almonds
- 1. Place rack in middle of oven and preheat to 375°F. Line a 9-inch square baking pan with foil, allowing a 3-inch overhang on 2 sides. Butter foil and pan.
- 2. In a bowl, mix 1/4 cup sugar and cinnamon. In a large bowl, whisk flour, baking powder, baking soda and salt.
- 3. Using an electric mixer on medium speed, beat butter with 1 cup sugar until light, about 3 minutes. Scrape down bowl with a spatula and mix in ground almonds and almond extract. Add eggs, one at a time, beating well after each addition.
- 4. Reduce mixer speed to low. Add flour mixture in 3 batches, alternating with buttermilk, beginning and ending with flour. Mix until just combined.
- 5. Spread batter evenly in pan; arrange peaches on top in 4 rows. Sprinkle cinnamon-sugar and sliced almonds on top. Bake until cake is golden on top and a toothpick inserted into center comes out clean, 45 to 50 minutes. Let cool in pan on a wire rack. Use foil handle to remove cake; serve at room temperature.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note