Buttermilk Panna Cotta With Zinfandel-Poached Figs
Panna cotta, an eggless custard, is generally served unmolded on a serving plate. We serve it in individual glasses for casual flair, plus you can catch every last drop of the spicy syrup.
More From Southern Living
Total: 6 Hours, 40 Minutes
- 2 cups heavy cream
- 1/2 vanilla bean, split
- 1 envelope unflavored gelatin
- 1/2 cup plus 2 Tbsp. sugar
- 2 1/2 cups buttermilk
- Zinfandel-Poached Figs
- Garnish: freshly grated nutmeg
- 1. Combine cream and vanilla bean in a small saucepan; sprinkle gelatin over cream, and let stand 10 minutes.
- 2. Cook cream mixture over medium-low heat, stirring constantly, 5 minutes or until gelatin is dissolved. Increase heat to medium; add sugar, and stir until sugar is dissolved (about 2 to 3 minutes).
- 3. Remove from heat. Scrape seeds from vanilla bean into cream mixture with back of a knife; discard vanilla bean. Whisk in buttermilk.
- 4. Divide mixture among 8 (10-oz.) glasses. Cover and chill 6 hours to 2 days. Spoon 2 to 3 Tbsp. Zinfandel-Poached Figs into each glass just before serving. Garnish, if desired.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note