Community Recipe from
- 1 cup(s) all-purpose flour
- 1 cup(s) white whole wheat flour
- 1/4 cup(s) sugar
- 1 1/2 teaspoon(s) baking powder *
- 1/2 teaspoon(s) baking soda *
- 1/4 teaspoon(s) salt
- 1 1/2 cup(s) buttermilk
- 2 whole(s) large eggs
- 2 tablespoon(s) canola oil divided
- Lightly spoon flours into dry measuring cups; level with a knife. Combine flours, baking powder, baking soda, and salt in a large bowl, and make a well in the center of the mixture. Combine buttermilk, eggs, and 1 tablespoon canola oil in another bowl; add to flour mixture, stirring until smooth. Spoon about 1/4 cup batter on a hot griddle lightly coated with some of remaining oil. Turn pancakes when tops are covered with bubbles and edges look cooked. Cook another 2-3 minutes or until done. Continue with remaining batter and oil.
- * May increase by 1/2 teaspoon at lower altitudes
- Banana Variation: replace sugar with honey and add to liquid ingredients as well as 1 teaspoon vanilla extract and 1 cup mashed banana. To dry ingredients, add 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon. Continue with recipe as directed.
- Blueberry Variation: replace half of buttermilk with orange juice and add 1 teaspoon grated orange rind to liquid ingredients. Add a heaping tablespoon of blueberries to each pancake when cooking. Continue with recipe as directed.
This recipe is a personal recipe added by mlb626 and has not been tested or endorsed by MyRecipes.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
Buttermilk Pancakes Recipe at a Glance
- COURSE: Breakfast/Brunch
More Recipes for Main Dishes