Golden Buttermilk-Chive Mashed Potatoes
The key to perfect, fluffy spuds is not overworking them with an electric mixer; a ricer (or food mill, if you have one) or potato masher is the best tool for the job.
More From Cooking Light
Total: 35 Minutes
- Calories: 190
- Fat: 4.6g
- Saturated fat: 2.9g
- Sodium: 335mg
- 3 pounds Yukon gold potatoes, peeled and cut into 1-inch pieces
- 2/3 cup warm low-fat buttermilk
- 1/4 cup warm 1% low-fat milk
- 3 tablespoons butter, melted
- 1 1/4 teaspoons kosher salt
- 1/4 teaspoon white pepper
- 8 teaspoons chopped fresh chives
- 1. Place potatoes in a large saucepan; cover with water. Bring to a boil; reduce heat, and simmer 15 minutes or until tender. Drain. Press potatoes through a ricer back into pan, or mash with a potato masher to desired consistency.
- 2. Add buttermilk, milk, melted butter, kosher salt, and white pepper to potato mixture; stir well. Top with chopped fresh chives.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
More Recipes Like This