Buttermilk Mashed Potatoes
Jennifer Davick; Mindi Shapiro Levine
Yield: Makes 6 servings
More From Southern Living
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 2 cups low-sodium chicken broth
- 3 1/2 pounds Yukon gold potatoes, peeled and cubed
- 1 1/4 teaspoons salt, divided
- 1 1/2 cups warm buttermilk
- 1/3 cup butter, melted
- 3/4 teaspoon pepper
- 4 tablespoons chopped fresh chives
- 1. Sauté garlic in hot oil in a Dutch oven over medium heat 3 minutes. Add 8 cups water, chicken broth, potatoes, and 1/4 tsp. salt; bring to a boil. Cover, reduce heat, and cook 15 to 20 minutes or until potatoes are tender.
- 2. Drain potatoes, and return to Dutch oven. Add buttermilk, butter, pepper, and remaining 1 tsp. salt. Mash potatoes with a large fork or potato masher to desired consistency. Sprinkle evenly with chives; serve immediately.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note