Just didn't do it for me either. Not enough flavor.
Buttermilk-and-Honey Chicken Kabobs
A buttermilk marinade ensures tender meat and juicy flavor. The kabobs are delicious on their own, but even better with Toasted Pecan Pesto or Romesco Sauce.
More From Southern Living
Total: 3 Hours, 30 Minutes
- 1/4 cup hot sauce
- 1/4 cup tomato paste
- 3 tablespoons honey
- 1 cup buttermilk
- 1/2 small sweet onion, grated
- 6 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 tablespoon cracked black pepper
- 2 1/4 teaspoons salt, divided
- 3 pounds skinned and boned chicken thighs, trimmed and cut into 2-inch chunks
- 10 (6-inch) wooden or metal skewers
- Vegetable cooking spray
- Grilled lemon halves
- Toasted Pecan Pesto or
- Romesco Sauce
- 1. Whisk together first 3 ingredients in a large bowl until smooth; whisk in buttermilk, next 3 ingredients, and 2 tsp. salt until blended.
- 2. Place buttermilk mixture and chicken in a large zip-top plastic freezer bag; seal and chill 3 hours.
- 3. Meanwhile, soak wooden skewers in water 30 minutes. (Omit if using metal skewers.)
- 4. Coat cold cooking grate of grill with cooking spray, and place on grill. Preheat grill to 350° to 400° (medium-high) heat. Remove chicken from marinade, discarding marinade. Thread chicken onto skewers, leaving a 1/8-inch space between pieces; sprinkle with remaining 1/4 tsp. salt.
- 5. Grill kabobs, covered with grill lid, 6 to 8 minutes on each side or until chicken is done. Serve with lemon halves and Toasted Pecan Pesto or Romesco Sauce.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note