Buttermilk and Herb Stuffing Muffins
These are best made a day ahead and reheated in a 350° oven, uncovered, for about 15 minutes.
Prep: 15 minutes; Cook: 45 minutes; Total Time: 1 hour.
Yield: 10 servings (serving size: 1 muffin)
More From Health
Amount per serving
- Calories: 265
- Fat: 8g
- Saturated fat: 3g
- Monounsaturated fat: 2g
- Polyunsaturated fat: 0.0g
- Protein: 9g
- Carbohydrate: 40g
- Fiber: 4g
- Cholesterol: 55mg
- Iron: 3mg
- Sodium: 587mg
- Calcium: 93mg
- Cooking spray
- 4 tablespoons unsalted butter
- 2 medium red onions, chopped (4 cups)
- 3 thinly sliced celery stalks
- 1 teaspoon dried rosemary, crushed
- 1/2 teaspoon dried rubbed sage
- 1/2 teaspoon dried thyme
- 1/2 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 1 (8-ounce) package mushrooms, coarsely chopped (about 3 1/2 cups)
- 1 cup lower-sodium chicken broth
- 1 (12- to 14-ounce) package country-style cubed with white and whole-wheat bread) stuffing (such as Pepperidge Farm)
- 1 cup low-fat buttermilk (1%)
- 2 large eggs
- 1. Coat a 12-cup muffin tin with cooking spray; set aside.
- 2. Heat butter in a 4- to 5-quart pot over medium heat until melted; add onion and next 5 ingredients (through pepper). Cook until softened (about 5 minutes), stirring occasionally. Add mushrooms; cook over medium-high heat until mushrooms are tender and liquid evaporates (about 5 minutes), stirring well. Add broth; simmer.
- 3. Preheat oven to 425°. Remove pot from heat; stir in remaining ingredients with a fork. Cover and let stand 5 minutes. Spoon stuffing mixture into 10 cups of prepared muffin tin in mounds; bake in middle of oven until golden on top (about 25 minutes). Let cool in oven at least 15 minutes; remove from tin.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
More Recipes Like This