As my husband sat eating his slice of cake, all he could say was "This cake is phenomenal!" I couldn't agree with him more. It's delicious and delectably decadent especially for a carrot cake. To reiterate the many others who have commented-do not forgo the buttermilk glaze!! Buttery and yummy, the glaze adds a whole other level of flavor to this cake. As far as the frosting goes, when I went back to make the cream cheese frosting that was originally attached to this recipe, it was gone and replaced with a $ sign and an ad for store-bought frosting. This cake is way to good to be dressed with a subpar Betty Crocker confectionary concoction, so I found a scrumptious recipe for homemade cream cheese frosting on another website.
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 1/2 teaspoons baking soda
- 1/2 cup buttermilk
- 1/2 cup butter or margarine
- 1 tablespoon light corn syrup
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- Bring first 5 ingredients to a boil in a large Dutch oven over medium-high heat. Boil, stirring often, 4 minutes. Remove from heat, and stir in vanilla.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
More Recipes for Desserts