We were at a friend's for a dinner party and someone brought this for dessert. My favorite cake is carrot cake and in my 48 years I can honestly say this was the best I've ever had! I am so excited to try the recipe myself. My son has a nut allergy.....has anyone tried making it without nuts? Is there something you need to add or do differently if you're omitting the nuts? Great recipe!
Photo: Tina Cornett; Styling: Leslie Byars Simpson
This recipe goes with Best Carrot Cake
Yield: 1 1/2 cups
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 1/2 teaspoons baking soda
- 1/2 cup buttermilk
- 1/2 cup butter or margarine
- 1 tablespoon light corn syrup
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- Bring first 5 ingredients to a boil in a large Dutch oven over medium-high heat. Boil, stirring often, 4 minutes. Remove from heat, and stir in vanilla.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
More Recipes Like This