Buttermilk Fried Chicken
This down-home Buttermilk Fried Chicken recipe is almost as good as your grandmother's recipe.
Yield: Serves 6
- 1/2 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 tablespoon fresh parsley, chopped
- 1 tablespoon fresh thyme, chopped
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1 cup buttermilk
- 3 pounds chicken
- 1/4 cup oil
- 1/4 cup butter-flavored shortening
- Combine flour, herbs and seasonings in a shallow dish; pour buttermilk into a separate shallow dish.
- Dip chicken in buttermilk; turn in flour mixture to coat and set aside.
- Heat oil and shortening in a large skillet; add chicken, skin-side down.
- Cook over medium-high heat, turning occasionally, until golden and juices run clear, about 35 to 45 minutes.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
More Recipes for Main Dishes