Buttermilk Fried Chicken
- 1/2 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 tablespoon fresh parsley, chopped
- 1 tablespoon fresh thyme, chopped
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1 cup buttermilk
- 3 pounds chicken
- 1/4 cup oil
- 1/4 cup butter-flavored shortening
- Combine flour, herbs and seasonings in a shallow dish; pour buttermilk into a separate shallow dish.
- Dip chicken in buttermilk; turn in flour mixture to coat and set aside.
- Heat oil and shortening in a large skillet; add chicken, skin-side down.
- Cook over medium-high heat, turning occasionally, until golden and juices run clear, about 35 to 45 minutes.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note