More From Southern Living
Total: 50 Minutes
- 1 cup heavy cream
- 2 egg yolks
- 1/3 cup sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 tablespoon lemon zest
- 1 to 1 1/2 Tablespoons fresh lemon juice
- 1 cup buttermilk
- 1. Cook cream in a heavy nonaluminum saucepan over medium heat, stirring often, 4 to 5 minutes or just until bubbles appear (do not boil); remove from heat.
- 2. Whisk together egg yolks and next 2 ingredients in a medium saucepan. Slowly whisk hot cream into egg yolk mixture.
- 3. Cook over low heat, whisking constantly, 10 to 15 minutes or until mixture thickens and coats the back of a spoon. Remove from heat, and cool completely (about 30 minutes).
- 4. Whisk in lemon zest, lemon juice, and buttermilk.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note