More From Southern Living
Bake: 12 Minutes
- 2 cups self-rising cornmeal mix
- 3/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/3 cup granular sweetener or sugar
- 2 large eggs
- 2 1/4 cups fat-free buttermilk
- 1/3 cup butter, melted
- Vegetable cooking spray
- Combine 2 cups cornmeal mix and next 2 ingredients; make a well in center of mixture.
- Whisk together eggs, 2 1/4 cups buttermilk, and 1/3 cup melted butter. Add to cornmeal mixture, stirring just until moistened.
- Heat cast-iron cornstick pans in a 425° oven 5 minutes or until hot. Remove pans from oven, and coat evenly with cooking spray.
- Spoon batter into hot pans.
- Bake at 425° for 10 to 12 minutes or until lightly browned. Remove from pans immediately.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
More Recipes for Breads