Buttermilk Cornbread Muffins from Weaver D's
Photo: Oxmoor House
Serve these moist muffins warm and with plenty of butter. They bake best in heavy-duty (heavier weight) muffin pans. Leftovers freeze well when sealed tightly in a zip-top plastic freezer bag.
Yield: Makes 2 dozen
- 1/4 cup vegetable oil
- 3 cups self-rising white cornmeal mix
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 2 cups buttermilk
- 1/2 cup butter, melted
- 1 tablespoon mayonnaise
- 3 large eggs, lightly beaten
- 1. Preheat oven to 425°. Spoon 1/2 teaspoons vegetable oil into each of 24 standard muffin cups. Heat muffins pans in oven 5 minutes.
- 2. Combine cornmeal mix and sugar in a large bowl; make a well in center of mixture. Stir together buttermilk and remaining ingredients; add to cornmeal mixture, stirring just until dry ingredients are moistened. Spoon batter into hot muffin pans, filling two-thirds full.
- 3. Bake at 425° for 15 minutes or until golden brown. Remove from oven; tip muffins on their sides in the pan, using a knife. Serve warm.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note