Notes: Buy rosewater at Indian and Middle Eastern markets or at liquor stores.
Yield: Makes 8 cups; 6 servings
More From Sunset
Amount per serving
- Calories: 139
- Calories from fat: 14%
- Protein: 8.1g
- Fat: 2.2g
- Saturated fat: 1.3g
- Carbohydrate: 22g
- Fiber: 0.0g
- Sodium: 257mg
- Cholesterol: 9.8mg
- 6 cups low-fat buttermilk
- 4 cardamom pods, hulled
- 2 teaspoons rosewater (optional)
- 2 cups ice cubes
- 5 to 7 tablespoons sugar
- Mint sprigs or thin lime slices
- 1. In a blender, combine 3 cups buttermilk, cardamom seed, rosewater, and ice. Whirl until ice is finely crushed; pour into a pitcher.
- 2. Stir in remaining buttermilk, 1 1/3 cups water, and sugar and salt to taste.
- 3. Pour into glasses and garnish with mint sprigs.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
More Recipes for Beverages