Buttermilk Chicken and Waffles
More From Southern Living
Total: 1 Hour, 5 Minutes
- 1 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 1 1/2 teaspoons baking powder
- 3/4 teaspoon baking soda
- 3/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 3/4 cups buttermilk
- 1/3 cup butter, melted
- 2 large eggs
- 12 to 16 fried chicken breast tenders, cut into bite-size pieces
- Peach-Horseradish Maple Syrup
- Garnish: thinly sliced green onions
- 1. Stir together first 5 ingredients in a large bowl. Whisk together buttermilk and next 2 ingredients in a small bowl; stir buttermilk mixture into flour mixture just until combined.
- 2. Cook batter in a preheated, oiled mini-style waffle iron 3 1/2 to 4 minutes or until golden (about 1/2 Tbsp. batter per waffle). Top waffles with chicken, and drizzle with Peach-Horseradish Maple Syrup.
We tested with a Sunbeam Mini Waffle Maker. If you don't have a mini waffle iron, use 1/2 cup batter per waffle in a traditional (10- x 8 1/2-inch) waffle iron, and cook 4 to 5 minutes or until golden; cut each waffle into fourths.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note