Buttermilk replaces sour cream in our twist on Carol Ann Roberts Dumond's not-too-sweet Bundt cake.
This recipe goes with Polka Dot Cake
Southern Living MAY 2008
1. Preheat oven to 350°. Beat first 3 ingredients at medium speed with an electric mixer 1 1/2 minutes or until thoroughly blended; add eggs, 1 at a time, beating well after each addition.
2. Stir together brown sugar and cinnamon in a small bowl.
3. Grease a 12-cup Bundt pan with shortening; sprinkle with 1 Tbsp. granulated sugar.
4. Spoon one-third of batter into prepared pan; sprinkle brown sugar mixture evenly over batter. Top with remaining batter.
5. Bake at 350° for 45 minutes or until a long wooden pick inserted in center of cake comes out clean. Cool cake in pan on a wire rack 15 minutes; remove from pan to wire rack, and cool 20 minutes. Drizzle Buttermilk-Vanilla Glaze over slightly warm cake.
Note: For testing purposes only, we used Pillsbury Moist Supreme Classic White cake mix.
Go to Full Version of