This is the perfect easy breakfast for when you have guests. I make it early the morning I'm going to serve it (it makes the house smell wonderful), then let guests serve themselves. All you need to add is coffee and juice!
Buttermilk Breakfast Cake
Photo: Jennifer Davick; Styling: Buffy Hargett
More From Southern Living
Bake: 45 Minutes
Cool: 35 Minutes
- 1 (18.25-oz.) package white cake mix
- 1 cup buttermilk
- 1/2 cup melted butter
- 5 large eggs
- 3 tablespoons light brown sugar
- 2 teaspoons ground cinnamon
- 1 tablespoon granulated sugar
- Buttermilk-Vanilla Glaze
- 1. Preheat oven to 350°. Beat first 3 ingredients at medium speed with an electric mixer 1 1/2 minutes or until thoroughly blended; add eggs, 1 at a time, beating well after each addition.
- 2. Stir together brown sugar and cinnamon in a small bowl.
- 3. Grease a 12-cup Bundt pan with shortening; sprinkle with 1 Tbsp. granulated sugar.
- 4. Spoon one-third of batter into prepared pan; sprinkle brown sugar mixture evenly over batter. Top with remaining batter.
- 5. Bake at 350° for 45 minutes or until a long wooden pick inserted in center of cake comes out clean. Cool cake in pan on a wire rack 15 minutes; remove from pan to wire rack, and cool 20 minutes. Drizzle Buttermilk-Vanilla Glaze over slightly warm cake.
- Note: For testing purposes only, we used Pillsbury Moist Supreme Classic White cake mix.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
Buttermilk Breakfast Cake Recipe at a Glance
More Recipes Like This