These were outstanding! they rose very well and were light and fluffy. I agree with the other reviewer that they could use a dash more salt.
Photo: Robbie Caponetto, Iain Bagwell; Styling: Lydia Degaris Pursell
More From Southern Living
Total: 40 Minutes
- 4 cups all-purpose soft-wheat flour, such as White Lily
- 2 tablespoons baking powder
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 cup cold butter, cubed
- 2 cups buttermilk
- Melted butter
- 1. Preheat oven to 450°. Sift together first 4 ingredients in a large bowl. Cut butter into flour mixture with a pastry blender until mixture resembles small peas. Stir in buttermilk with a fork until dough forms a ball.
- 2. Turn dough out onto a well-floured sheet of wax paper. Sprinkle dough with flour, and flatten into a disk. Cover, and chill 15 minutes.
- 3. Remove wax paper, and turn dough out onto a well-floured surface; sprinkle with flour. Pat dough to 1/2-inch thickness. Cut with a 3-inch cutter, reshaping scraps once. Place biscuits 1 inch apart on an ungreased baking sheet.
- 4. Bake at 450° for 10 to 12 minutes or until golden brown. Brush immediately with melted butter.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
More Recipes for Breads