These were outstanding! they rose very well and were light and fluffy. I agree with the other reviewer that they could use a dash more salt.
Photo: Robbie Caponetto, Iain Bagwell; Styling: Lydia Degaris Pursell
More From Southern Living
Total: 40 Minutes
- 4 cups all-purpose soft-wheat flour, such as White Lily
- 2 tablespoons baking powder
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 cup cold butter, cubed
- 2 cups buttermilk
- Melted butter
- 1. Preheat oven to 450°. Sift together first 4 ingredients in a large bowl. Cut butter into flour mixture with a pastry blender until mixture resembles small peas. Stir in buttermilk with a fork until dough forms a ball.
- 2. Turn dough out onto a well-floured sheet of wax paper. Sprinkle dough with flour, and flatten into a disk. Cover, and chill 15 minutes.
- 3. Remove wax paper, and turn dough out onto a well-floured surface; sprinkle with flour. Pat dough to 1/2-inch thickness. Cut with a 3-inch cutter, reshaping scraps once. Place biscuits 1 inch apart on an ungreased baking sheet.
- 4. Bake at 450° for 10 to 12 minutes or until golden brown. Brush immediately with melted butter.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note